Welcome Student Members!
Our goal is to provide students with programs and resources that will be valuable to them on their journey to become a DTR or RDN. We invite you to take advantage of all that we have to offer and to play an active role in your membership. We have created a brief video that highlights some of the benefits as a member of the Student Committee. If you have any questions, feedback, or suggestions, reach out to the Student Committee Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*New* Student Committee Membership Application now open! Click Here for more information
If you are interested in getting more involved within the Student Committee, consider helping out on one of the following Subcommittees. At the start of each membership year, there is also a call for volunteers to serve in leadership roles as chairs of these subcommittees. Time commitments on the subcommittees vary; however, they are accommodating of a busy student’s schedule. Reach out to the Student Committee Chair (email@example.com) for more details.
- Membership and Mentorship
- Newsletter (The Student Digest)
- Public Policy
- Social Media
The Student Digest
The Student Committee publishes a quarterly newsletter called The Student Digest. Articles are submitted by student members for publication. Topics range from Hot Topics in Dietetics, A Day in the Life of an RD, Policy Updates, Program/Internship Spotlights, and more. If you’re interested in submitting an article reach out to the Student Committee Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
If you are a dietetics student looking for guidance and advice from practicing RDs with real world experiences in public health and community settings, you would benefit from the Academy’s mentoring program. Reach out to the Student Committee Chair (email@example.com) for more details.
Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo™ (FNCE®)
- The PHCNPG holds an annual reception at FNCE where it recognizes outstanding member contributions over the past year and provides an opportunity for members to connect and network with one another.
- The Student Committee holds a separate meet-up for its student members.
- The PHCNPG recognizes an Outstanding Student of the Year. The award recognizes student members who have exhibited outstanding service, leadership, and accomplishments. Applications are due in May of each year.
- Starting in 2019, the Student Committee created the Future of Public Health/Community Nutrition Student Communication Challenge to allow PHCNPG student members to creatively discuss emerging and trending topics in public health/community nutrition and to recognize PHCNPG student members who excel in public health/community nutrition communication.
- Scholarships and financial aid are available through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation. Active participation in the Student Committee looks great on your application.