Student & Intern Members
Welcome Student and Intern Members!
Our goal is to provide students with programs and resources that will be valuable to them on their journey to become a DTR or RDN. We invite you to take advantage of all that we have to offer and to play an active role in your membership. We have created a brief video that highlights some of the benefits as a member of the Student Committee. We are committed to supporting and uplifting all our student members, from AND scholarships to mentoring. We are committed to supporting our students by serving as a suppoortive environment and network to assist you in your journey to success. If you have any questions, feedback, or suggestions, reach out to the Student Committee Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are interested in getting more involved within the Student Committee, consider helping out on one of the following Subcommittees. At the start of each membership year, there is also a call for volunteers to serve in leadership roles as chairs of these subcommittees. Time commitments on the subcommittees vary; however, they are accommodating of a busy student’s schedule. Reach out to the Student Committee Chair (email@example.com) for more details.
- Public Policy - work with DPG Public Policy chair on Academy policy interests;inform and increase student engagement in public policy interests (such as calls to action and legislative updates)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion-research and share resources that center marginalized voices in dietetics; promote Academy resources and communications regarding diversity, equity and inclusion (such as Academy updates and MIG efforts)
If you are a dietetics student or intern looking for guidance and advice from practicing RDs with real world experiences in public health and community settings, you would benefit from the Academy’s mentoring program. Reach out to the Student Committee Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo™ (FNCE®)
- The PHCNPG holds an annual reception at FNCE where it recognizes outstanding member contributions over the past year and provides an opportunity for members to connect and network with one another. This year we will be going virtual, so keep an eye on your email for updates!
- The PHCNPG recognizes an Outstanding Student of the Year. The award recognizes student members who have exhibited outstanding service, leadership, and accomplishments. Applications are due in May of each year.
- Scholarships and financial aid are available through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation. Active participation in the Student Committee looks great on your application.