Academy Public Policy Activities and Resources
Stay informed through the Academy's policy updates
The Academy sends outs a weekly newsletter with valuable updates on the policies that impact our profession. if you would like to be added to the Public Policy Weekly News (PPWN) distribution list, please email Courtney Doby.
Read the latest news center articles on policy, advocacy, and regulatory comments from the Academy.
Find the latest action alerts from the Academy here. Both Academy membes and nonmembers can take action.
Current Action Alerts (9/4/2020)
- Tell USDA to Extend COVID Flexibilities to Protect At-Risk Pregnant Moms
- Tell USDA to Ensure Kids Have Access to Healthy Meals Throughout School Year 2020-2021
- Stand up for Important Nutrition Issues in the Next stimulus Package
- Support Diversity in Nutrition and Dietetics in Allied Health Professions
- Take Action Today on the Medical Nutritiion Therapy Act of 2020
National Health and Nutrition Examintion Survey (NHANES)
The CDC seeks comments on their proposed NHANES surveys. The goal is to comment on the utility of the total survey, survey questions, means of delivery, survey populations, etc. Please submit comments with referenced facts to Alicia Grove, PHCN PAL at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 14, 2020.
National Survey of Community-Based Survey of Supports for Healthy Eating and Active Living
The CDC seeks comments on their proposed survey of city managers or planners to determine the environmental and polcy supports for healthful diets and regular physical activity across the U.S., and how these supports are changing across time. Please submit comments with referenced facts to Alicia Grove, PHCN PAL at email@example.com by September 14, 2020.
Page Updated: September 7, 2020